Ayah

My dad was a a great guy. Seriously, he was a fantastic guy.  My hero, my teacher, my first love, my protector, my everything. Nah, he was not perfect, far from it actually but his imperfections are kinda perfect to me.  He left us, suddenly, long ago, and my world crumbled.  I don't have that beacon of light anymore, no one that could guide me, steer me to the right side of the road, bring me back to earth when my out of the world imagination get the best of me.  No one could make me laugh until i sobbed, yes, he was capable of that.  
 
What I remember most about him is his PASSION for everything.  His zest for life! And oh boy his love for food, which I definitely inherited.

Life is so hard lately.  So so hard, and there are times all I want to do is to give up. And lately, he's always on my mind.  I close my eyes, and I could see him, I sit down quietly and somehow I could hear his voice. I could even feel him sometimes, when I am all alone.  Is this a sign?  Is this somehow a sign I'll be joining him soon?  It sounds morbid, but I'd like to think of that, reunited.  
 
I don't meet people like him anymore.  I long to meet a person like him, someone who could tease and challenge my mind.  Honestly, I'm dying to meet him again (literally).  Insya Alllah, soon...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hospitalized in ICU

My experience with Coffee Enema

New treatment - Lymphangitis Carcinomatosis